Positive News Stories from our Members in Response to Covid-19.
Covid-19 has had a dramatic effect on the world. Organisations and individuals have all had to find fast ways to adjust and respond to the ongoing pandemic, and some of these changes have proved challenging, and fraught with emotion. We wanted to share with you some positive news stories from our members.
1. 3M has doubled its production of respirators in response to demand due to Covid-19.
2. Addleshaw Goddard LLP has been offering legal insights into industries: advice for renters, available state aid and consumer finance amongst other services.
3. Airbus has transported masks to Spain in support of the Covid-19 crisis efforts in the Mediterranean, one of the hardest-hit areas in Europe.
4. Amazon Web Services launched an initiative to accelerate Covid-19 diagnostics, research, and testing.
5. Barclays has opened a helpline for financial advice.
6. BDO LLP has opened a helpline for financial and general employer advice.
7. BHP has increased support for local business and contract labour-hire during the Covid-19 pandemic. BHP also has plans to establish a $50 million (AUD) Vital Resources Fund to help support regional Australian communities which are facing significant challenges in the pandemic.
8. The BP Foundation will donate $2 million to the WHO's Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund, which supports medical professionals and patients worldwide by providing critical aid supplies.
9. BT Group is removing all caps on broadband packages and making all visits to NHS online free, so customers won't use data while accessing information during this time.
11. Clifford Chance is offering insights for business and consumers.
12. Clyde & Co has opened a Covid-19 information hub.
13. The Co-operative Group is donating £1.5 million worth of food to FareShare to help those most vulnerable and CEO Steve Murrells is also donating 20% of his salary over a three month period to their hardship fund.
15. EY is offering insights and frameworks for businesses.
17. Gallagher's Construction practice has guidance for the construction industry to help manage risk.
18. HSBC UK extends financial support for businesses dealing with Covid-19.
19. IBM helps bring supercomputers into the global fight against Covid-19.
20. Mondelez donated $15 million in financial and in-kind support to community partners, advancing critical food stability and emergency relief efforts across the globe. Mondelez has also enhanced benefits for frontline employees alongside support for local communities.
21. Nationwide Building Society is offering online support for customers surrounding Covid-19.
22. Novartis is committing to donate up to 130 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to support the pandemic response.
24. PA Consulting is coordinating the manufacture of 20,000 ventilators.
25. PwC donated $2.85 million to support people affected by Covid-19. The PwC Foundation also made a $350,000 grant to Project HOPE to help purchase and deliver protective equipment to health workers in China.
26. The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) & Lloyds is offering support to SMEs affected by Covid-19.
27. Sainsbury's is offering special hours for NHS workers, elderly, disabled and vulnerable customers and carers, with priority online delivery slots also available.
28. Tesco plc introduced a special hour in stores for NHS workers and organising and rationing food to better distribute food. Tesco also implemented fully paid absences for vulnerable and pregnant workers for up to 12 weeks as well as normal staff in isolation paid. Tesco has also thanked colleagues with pay bonuses for going above and beyond during this difficult time.
29. United Utilities plc is promoting its free priority service for the vulnerable and offering help to those worried about paying their bill.
30. Vodafone has enabled all mobile customers, regardless of a payment plan, to access certain NHS websites without using any data allowance. They have also added extra capacity to broadband and mobile networks to help customers work from home.
1. ACAS is hosting live Twitter Q&A sessions on Fridays to answer questions for employers and employees affected by Covid-19.
2. The Bank of England continues to manage the economic shock that Covid-19 has had.
3. The BBC has suspended job cuts to ensure proper Covid-19 coverage.
4. Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust like many other hospitals have been incredible in fighting Covid-19 on the frontline.
5. The Department for Education has plans to support pupils eligible for free school meals.
6. The Department for International Development's UK aid will fund a new international push to challenge fake news about Covid-19.
7. London Mayor Sadiq Khan issued a statement expressing his gratitude to TfL staff for their continued service during this difficult time in getting essential workers to their jobs.
10. Kent County Council has set up an advice line for Kent businesses.
11. Leeds City Council has made parking free in council-run car parks for key workers.
12 The Ministry of Defence has supplied military aid in response to Covid-19.
13. NHS Digital has created a Covid-19 text service for vulnerable people.
14. NHS England and NHS Improvement has seen over 750,000 people join the army of NHS volunteers in response to their "Your NHS Needs You" campaign.
15. The Scottish Government has set up a £1 billion Business Support Fund at the heart of the response to Covid-19.
Academia, Charities & Institutes.
2. King's College London has launched a new app which tracks symptoms related to Covid-19, allowing anyone to self-report daily.
3. Oxford University has launched the world's first Covid-19 government response tracker.
4. The Joseph Rowntree Foundation will be supporting those on low incomes and producing analysis and solutions to help support those in poverty.
5. The NSPCC has counselled hundreds of children over the impact of Covid-19.
6. University College London experts are taking a prominent role in advancing public knowledge about Covid-19 by advising world leaders and providing expert comment in the media and urgently researching new ways of tackling the virus.