Intersections May 2020: The new normal, and the future of working
Intersections is a monthly member newsletter from WIG, showcasing content from recent WIG events and activities, thought leadership and best practice for a cross-sector audience. To get Intersections delivered to your inbox every month, log in to your website member account, click 'Manage account' and under the tab My contact preferences and headline Regular WIG newsletters, please tick the box next to Intersections.
May's issue of Intersections brings you:
- WIG CEO Simon Ancona reflects on the offices of the future and how he envisions the new normal for many businesses.
- Life in the new normal: Starting a new role during lockdown
- Secondment diaries: Joining a new organisation during the pandemic
- Future WIG webinars that might interest you based on the new normal
- A warm welcome to new WIG members
- WIG's digital offer for members
- What some of our members are saying about the new normal
- Things you might have missed
‘There was a lively debate back in 2020 about how the future might look after what was then called the ‘lockdown’. Two years later the population is safer, but the office has changed forever.’ [...]
What happens when you start a new job amidst a pandemic? WIG's newest recruits, Hannah Langsford, Leadership Programmes Manager, and Kristiina Kriisa, CRM Data Manager, share their experience of onboarding with a new team digitally and some of the challenges and positives along the way. [...]
This is the first in our series of secondment diaries, following the experience of Antonia Panayotova, a civil servant currently (remotely!) seconded for six months to a small international NGO, Child Rights International Network (CRIN), through WIG’s Charity Next scheme. Antonia joined CRIN in April from the government’s digital, data and technology profession to be their Data & Technology Manager.
Webinar, 3 June 2020: Creating a Culture of Psychological safety with Alexandra Chesterfield, Head of Behavioural Risk at RBS, and Anna Koczwara, Head of Behavioural Science at Natwest Group. Apply now.
Webinar, 25 June 2020: The Economic Landscape after COVID-19 with Mark Gregory, Chief Economist, EY. Reflections on what our future economic framework could look like post COVID-19. Apply now.
Webinar, 1 July 2020: COVID-19 Sector Updates: The Impact of Medium-Sized Businesses in the UK with Peter Hemington, National Head of M&A, BDO. A perspective on the impact of COVID-19. Apply now.
We are delighted to welcome 5 new members to WIG membership:
Whether it's webinars and virtual events, digital roundtables, leadership programmes, development seminars, WIG is here for you, supporting all our members to continue to collaborate and communicate across the sectors, to learn from each other in the new normal.
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLP looks at the digital transformation rewriting the workplace. Read more.
- Atos has put together their vision for rethinking ways of working, and the types of skills that are required for the future human workforce. Read more.
- Atkins assesses how the lockdown has been the catalyst to new ways of working. Read more.
- Imperial College Business School gives an overview on COVID-19, and what the future will look like after the Coronavirus. Read more.
- Five lessons in digital transformation with Tom Sapsted, WIG Head of Content and Events. Read more.
- Webinar recording: Britain on the World Stage with Stevie Spring CBE, Chairman, British Council. Read more.