Winners of the Leadership Impact Awards revealed at WIG's Annual Reception
During WIG's Annual Reception & Awards Ceremony, held last night (7 March 2019) at Guildhall in London, we revealed the winners of the WIG Leadership Impact Award and WIG Emerging Leader Award. We are proud to announce the three names:
- WIG Leadership Impact Award winner Kate Willsher (Chief Operations Officer, IfM ECS Ltd, University of Cambridge) who is an alumna of the WIG Women's Leadership Programme
- WIG Emerging Leader Impact Award joint winners William Goldsmith (Balancing Markets Development Officer, National Grid ESO) - an alumnus of the Future Leaders Programme and Louise Bratchie (Senior Performance Adviser, EU Transition Unit, HM Revenue & Customs) - who went through our Charity Next secondment scheme, spending six months on secondment to Project Trust
The Awards were set up three years ago to raise awareness of the benefit of developing leadership skills in a cross-sector environment and to celebrate those exceptional leaders who were able to demonstrate impact in their work. All those who have submitted an application had gone through a WIG cross-sector leadership programme or had been on a secondment into another sector, brokered by WIG.
We were incredibly proud that the winners and finalists show great cross-sector representation. Judging from their testimonials, their experiences during and after going through their respective programmes show once again how important WIG's charitable purpose of building understanding, learning and collaboration between the sectors is still incredibly relevant. You can view a playlist of video testimonials from all six finalists here.
Our judging panel was impressed with the quality of the submissions and all six finalists should be incredibly proud to have reached this stage. The three very worthy runners up are:
- Eleri Wones CBE, Deputy Director, Government Legal Department
- Yasmine Hafiz, Senior Strategic Communications Advisor, No. 10 Campaigns, Cabinet Office
- Bijan Hakimian, Head of UK-India Trade Policy, Department for International Trade
Congratulations to our exceptional winners and finalists!