Digital Marketing Manager, The Whitehall & Industry Group
WIG, a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
Our charitable purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the sectors is delivered through a range of activities in the following three areas:
• Events and networks – briefings, roundtables, workshops and conferences to explore latest policy and share best practice from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
• Talent – offering the transfer of experience and expertise to another sector through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
• Leadership Development – developing leadership skills at all career levels in a cross-sector environment.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Data, the Digital Marketing Manager will drive WIG’s day-to-day marketing activities. Using data and insight to guide decision-making, the role holder will plan and deliver integrated marketing & communications campaigns to help WIG achieve its goals and objectives, including income generation.
The role is diverse and dynamic so we’re looking for someone who enjoys running campaigns from beginning-to-end and has knowledge of the full marketing mix; from planning and segmentation to content production and evaluation.
The Digital Marketing Manager will play a critical role in the Marketing and Data team, helping teams across WIG to increase member engagement, recruit participants to events and build WIG’s brand. The team is committed to data-based decision making where appropriate, so the role holder must be comfortable accessing and interpreting marketing data to recommend campaign tactics.
The role will deliver MarComms plans that use owned, earned and paid channels, including WIG’s website, email, social media and digital advertising. The role will also develop marketing content and collateral to support campaign activity.
The right person will be a motivated marketing professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable juggling multiple projects at once. Possessing excellent communications skills, you must be able to build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to deliver the most effective communications solutions.
• Plan, manage and deliver integrated marketing plans to support projects, campaigns and initiatives that achieve WIG’s KPIs, including income generation;
• Ensure all marketing activity is designed with an audience-first approach; use data and audience insight to develop segmentation practices and the most relevant marketing tactics;
• Act as MarComms project manager on key projects – establish a brief, keep stakeholders updated, and lead on the monitoring and evaluation of marketing activity, making recommendations to optimise campaigns;
• Manage WIG’s social media accounts, primarily LinkedIn and Twitter, including the planning, scheduling and analysis of content;
• Produce marketing content and visual assets to support key campaigns. This includes drafting copy for email, web and social, and the use of Canva to create simple assets, like banners;
• Maintain and optimise key pages on WIG’s website and act as a CMS champion, helping teams around WIG with training and advice;
• Maintain key brand templates and marketing documents, including the email and campaigns calendar;
• Provide marketing advice and proofreading support to teams across WIG;
• Draft and share reports with the senior team to monitor the success of marketing campaigns;
• Work with suppliers or agencies as needed to deliver new projects, produce new materials or resources;
• Keep up to date with the marketing environment and explore opportunities for WIG to test new marketing and engagement tactics;
• Personal responsibility for the relationship management of between 12 to 15 WIG members from across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
Please note that the responsibilities listed are not exhaustive and this job description may be subject to change as the role evolves over time.
Person Specification, Values and Behaviours
- Proven track record in a similar or complementary marketing environment with transferable skills;
- Proven track record of developing integrated, digital marketing plans and delivering these on time and within budget;
- Ability to recognise different audience needs and, through segmentation practices, tailor the marketing approach as necessary to increase engagement;
- Ability to establish a clear marketing brief, including objectives, outcomes and potential risks;
- Experience of using Google Analytics to assess customer engagement and spot opportunities to improve user experience or conversion online;
- Strong project management skills, this should include experience of juggling multiple pieces of work and working to deadlines;
- Evidence of using data to inform decisions and evaluate campaigns;
- Experience of working with website Content Management Systems;
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good time management;
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels of seniority and influence;
- Excellent editing and copywriting skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Creative and resourceful and able to maximise opportunities with limited budgets.
- Experience working with CRM databases;
- CIM or CAM qualification;
- Experience of working with agencies to deliver projects;
- Design skills (Adobe Suite).
Values and Behaviours
- Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally – Creative, Open-minded, Trusted;
- Flexibility – need for an ‘all hands to the pump’ attitude when the organisation is particularly busy;
- A team player with the willingness to work flexibly and proactively and respond to the emerging needs of the organisation.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
Home-working initially, the position is available on a permanent, full-time basis and is based at our office near St James’s Park. We offer a flexible working space, with an environment designed for various types of work.
A salary of between £30,000 to £34,000 (dependent on skills and experience) will be payable. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit & vegetables in the office.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to 27 working days per year.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements (including reduced hours working) for the right candidate.
How to apply
- Please apply with an Application Form and Equalities Monitoring Form (both downloadable below) by email to Paige Torrance, Talent Manager at The Whitehall & Industry Group – [email protected] or via the 'Apply Now' button above
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Torrance, Talent Manager at The Whitehall & Industry Group on 020 7222 1166 or [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is Midday, Thursday 8 April 2021.
- First round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 12 April 2021.
- Second round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19 April 2021.