Event & Content Assistant, The Whitehall & Industry Group
The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG), a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
Our charitable purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the sectors is delivered through a range of activities in the following three areas:
• Events and networks – briefings, roundtables, workshops and conferences to explore latest policy and share best practice from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
• Talent – offering the transfer of experience and expertise to another sector through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
• Leadership – developing leadership skills at all career levels in a cross-sector environment.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Engagement, the role is a unique opportunity to take responsibility for the delivery of a diverse portfolio of physically and digitally delivered events and content. The programme features senior speakers across topics such as Infrastructure, the Economy, Digital & Technology and International Affairs.
WIG delivers over 100 digital and physical events a year, tackling issues of importance to business, government and the not-for-profit sector. Our briefings, workshops, roundtables and conferences attract over 7,000 attendees annually. Delegates are able to explore and share best practice with those from other sectors and hear from and debate with first-class speakers. The Event & Content Executive will support on logistical coordination, and delivery for a significant proportion of the portfolio.
About the Role
This is an ideal position for someone seeking their first role. The successful candidate will provide administrative support across the following areas.
• Preparation of event materials (delegate packs, marketing materials, managing couriers, printing badges);
• Helping with logistics on the day of the event to ensure its smooth running;
• Assisting in event follow-up including collation of feedback forms;
• Ordering and maintaining stocks of event marketing materials, including updating budget spreadsheets;
• Event attendance involving evening, early morning and some events outside London, which may occasionally require travel and overnight stays.
Digital content logistics:
• Responding to member queries during webinars and offering technical assistance in real-time;
• Editing webinar recordings;
• Managing the digital resource library on WIG’s website;
• Proofing online resources.
Please note training will be provided for all applications and programs used in role.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and website administration:
• General support on the CRM including updating and maintaining CRM records to ensure they are as accurate as possible;
• Helping to update the website with relevant events content when required.
Customer service and general administration:
• Assisting in dealing with and responding to delegates’ queries regarding events and logging responses to event invitations via phone and email;
• Working across the organisation (particularly Marketing) in coordinating event collateral and digital content;
• Ensuring continuous improvement of process, logistics and user experience.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise with high attention to detail;
• Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure and to provide administrative support for a number of different events simultaneously;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be confident and friendly;
• Professional approach to working with senior internal and external stakeholders;
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
• Good IT Skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel); please note training will be provided in role for all applications and programs used;
• A strong interest in government, business and the not-for-profit sector, their interaction and the value of cross-sector learning;
• Desire to get involved in wider WIG projects and activities;
• Willingness to work some additional hours, including attending early morning and evening events, and travel to events outside London.
Values and Behaviours:
• Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally – Creative, Open-minded, Trusted;
• Flexibility – need for an ‘all hands to the pump’ attitude when the organisation is particularly busy.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
The position is available on a 12-month fixed term contract. We are seeking candidates able to work on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be based at our recently refurbished office near St James’s Park. You will be required to attend events which will take you outside your core hours in the mornings and some evenings. We do offer a discretionary ‘leave early’ option on the days where working outside core hours is necessary.
All WIG employees have been working remotely during the COVID-19 ‘lockdown’ period. Remote working will continue until Tuesday 1 September 2021, followed by a phased return to our Westminster office and central London event locations, when it is safe to do so, in line with government guidelines. You will be provided with any equipment needed to perform your role remotely during this time.
An annual salary of £21,315 will be payable. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit and vegetables in the office.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to 27 working days per year. Part-time staff working fewer than five days per week will have their entitlement assessed on a pro rata basis.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
- Please note that we are not seeking CVs at this stage of the process. Should you be shortlisted for interview, you will be asked to submit a CV.
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Torrance, Talent Manager on 020 7222 1166 or at [email protected].
- The deadline for applications is midday, Friday 25 June 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete an online task during the week commencing Monday 28 June 2021.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held virtually week commencing Monday 5 July 2021.