Event & Content Executive
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Engagement and Content and Event Manager, you will work very closely with our membership to create content for both free and paid-for digital, and face to face events.
The postholder will monitor the biggest policy developments from central government, UK charities and academia, and private sector initiatives to produce a range of events and written content. They will take responsibility for delivering around 40 events/year (20-30 of your own, along with support for others), these will be both digital and face to face.
Why choose this role?
- You will get the chance to research and develop a series of events and written content around specific themes and issues that impact the cross-sector membership of WIG.
- You will have the opportunity to deliver around 40 events/year (20-30 of your own, along with support for others), these will be both digital and face to face.
- You will have the opportunity to liaise with senior figures across Whitehall, industry and the not-for-profit sector to make a difference every day through the role you play in connecting the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to improve society.
- You will be able to attend a range of events to hear from the thought leaders in policy, private sector and across academia and the charitable sector.
- You will be supported by a friendly, fun, inclusive and purpose-driven team.
- A strong interest and understanding of policy, along with the comprehension of the difference between politics and policy.
- A desire to learn more about key issues that impact government, business and the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with some experience of liaising with senior stakeholders.
- A flexibility and willingness to get involved in all aspects event and content creation, from inception of the idea to the on the day delivery.
- You will be proactive, passionate, solutions orientated individual who will look to build a portfolio of events and content.
- Be willing to work some additional hours, including attending early morning and evening events, and travel to events outside London.
In this role you will:- Monitor the biggest policy developments and private sector initiatives to produce a range of events and written content.- Take responsibility for delivering around 40 events/year (20-30 of your own, along with support for others), these will be both digital and face to face.- Learn how to market events to WIG’s membership using WIG’s CRM system.- Liaise with venues and hosts regarding all logistical aspects including security, catering and AV.- Provide support on the day for some events delivered by other members of the Events team.- Streamline and improve processes and systems to optimise customer service and increase social impact.
- Salary: £23-25k dependent on skills and experience
- Flexibility: As we return to our office, we are offering flexible working hours and some home working (with the expectation of attendance at a range of events).- Holiday: 25 days a year, rising to 27 after two years of service. Also, extra days given between Christmas and New Year.- Learning & development: We invest in training and developing our staff at all levels – through coaching, mentoring and training programmes, including the opportunity to benefit from WIG’s own L&D offerings- Benefits: interest-free annual season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, 5% pension contribution, BUPA health check every two years, employee support programme, and complimentary fresh fruit & vegetables in the office.
- Please submit a CV through LinkedIn or via email to Stephanie Pearce at The Whitehall & Industry Group; [email protected].
- If you have any questions or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Stephanie Pearce via email or at The Whitehall & Industry Group on 020 7222 1166.
- Please let us know if you need any support with your application. WIG is an equal opportunities employer committed to inclusion where diversity and fairness is respected, valued and celebrated.Equalities Monitoring Form.docx 3 Event & Content Exec. - WIG Candidate Brief.pdf WIG - Event & Content Exec. Role Responsibilities.pdf