Marketing & Data Executive, The Whitehall & Industry Group
WIG, a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
Our charitable purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the sectors is delivered through a range of activities in the following three areas:
• Events and networks – briefings, roundtables, workshops and conferences to explore latest policy and share best practice from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
• Talent – offering the transfer of experience and expertise to another sector through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
• Leadership Development – developing leadership skills at all career levels in a cross-sector environment.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Data, the Marketing & Data Executive will help the organisation to improve its data-based decision making. As well as assessing the performance of our website and marketing content, the role will lead on day-to-day data management, helping to improve the quality of data across our database (CRM) and website (CMS) so that we can better understand and engage our audiences.
The role holder must be comfortable working with varied datasets, including qualitative and quantitative data, and be able to input, update and report on data from different sources. The role will help teams across the whole organisation to use data better so we’re looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team, with excellent communication and project management skills.
The Marketing & Data Executive is a critical role in the Marketing & Data team. The role is focused on collating, managing and using insight and data to improve our website, marketing campaigns and support wider business needs.
WIG is currently embarking on an exciting website redevelopment and data transformation plan that will ensure data and insight sits at the heart of the organisation, helping us to improve member engagement, grow our income and assess our impact. The Marketing & Data Executive will play a fundamental role in helping us deliver these projects and ensure long-term effectiveness.
• Triage, monitor, update and report on data in our CRM to ensure data accuracy and completeness;
• With our CRM Manager, develop key processes to help WIG achieve high data quality and insights;
• Work with the Senior Digital Marketing Executive to collate and assess the performance of marketing campaigns using e-marketing and social media statistics;
• Work with the Head of Marketing & Data to deliver a monthly review of our website performance, pulling key website analytics to assess impact and opportunities;
• Be part of key content-planning conversations for the website and social media activity;
• Work with wider team members on new ways to collect and record important customer data;
• Act as a CMS and CRM champion, training and helping team members to use our platforms;
• Support the Marketing & Data team to manage key customer and team inboxes;
• Suggest new ideas with the team to help improve WIG’s understanding of its audiences.
Please note that the responsibilities listed are not exhaustive and this job description may be subject to change as the role evolves over time.
Person Specification, Values and Behaviours
- Experience of working in a marketing/communications team, or in a team environment with transferable skills;
- Experience of handling and managing data, including data input and maintenance;
- Experience working with a CRM;
- Experience of working with websites/using a CMS (content management system);
- Strong proofreading skills and light copy-editing;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, and able to create graphs and charts for reporting;
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent project management skills and well-organised;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Understanding of key data protection policies. For example, GDPR;
- Design skills (Adobe Suite);
- Knowledge of core marketing metrics, including email open rates, click rates and social media engagement stats;
- CRM Dynamics platform;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
Values and Behaviours
- Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally – Creative, Open-minded, Trusted;
- Flexibility – need for an ‘all hands to the pump’ attitude when the organisation is particularly busy;
- A team player with the willingness to work flexibly and proactively and respond to the emerging needs of the organisation.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
Home-working initially, the position is available on a permanent, full-time basis and is based at our office near St James’s Park. We offer a flexible working space, with an environment designed for various types of work.
A salary of between £23,000 to £25,000 (dependent on skills and experience) will be payable. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit & vegetables in the office.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to 27 working days per year.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements (including reduced hours working) for the right candidate.
How to apply
- Please apply with an Application Form and Equalities Monitoring Form (both downloadable below) by email to Paige Torrance, Talent Manager at The Whitehall & Industry Group – [email protected] or via the 'Apply Now' button above
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Torrance, Talent Manager at The Whitehall & Industry Group on 020 7222 1166 or [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is Midday, Thursday 8 April 2021.
- First round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 12 April 2021.
- Second round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19 April 2021.