Marketing & Data Executive
The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG), a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
Our charitable purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the sectors is delivered through a range of activities in the following three areas:
• Events and networks – briefings, roundtables, workshops and conferences to explore latest policy and share best practice from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
• Talent – offering the transfer of experience and expertise to another sector through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
• Leadership development – developing leadership skills at all career levels in a cross-sector environment.
The Marketing & Data team at WIG supports all areas of the business, from membership recruitment and engagement, event marketing, leadership programme recruitment and the promotion of our Talent products. The team is responsible for WIG’s brand, customer-centricity, market positioning and digital presence.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Data, the Marketing & Data Executive will help the organisation to improve its data-based decision making. As well as assessing the performance of our website and marketing content, the role will lead on day-to-day data management, helping to improve the quality of data across our database (CRM) and website (CMS) so that we can better understand and engage our audiences.
The role holder must be comfortable working with varied datasets, including qualitative and quantitative data, and be able to input, update and report on data from different sources. The role will help teams across the whole organisation to use data better so we’re looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team, with excellent communication and project management skills.
The Marketing & Data Executive is a critical role in the Marketing & Data team. The role is focused on collating, managing and using insight and data to improve our website, marketing campaigns and support wider business needs.
WIG is currently embarking on an exciting website redevelopment and data transformation plan that will ensure data and insight sits at the heart of the organisation, helping us to improve member engagement, grow our income and assess our impact. The Marketing & Data Executive will play a fundamental role in helping us deliver these projects and ensure long-term effectiveness.
• Experience of working in a team or with others to deliver projects;
• Experience of handling and managing data, including data input;
• Experience working with websites;
• Strong proofreading skills and light copy-editing;
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, and able to create graphs and charts for reporting;
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy;
• Excellent project management skills and well-organised;
• Strong team player with the willingness to work flexibly and respond to the emerging needs of the business;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues.
• Understanding of key data protection policies. For example, GDPR;
• Experience working with a CRM;
• Knowledge of core marketing metrics, including email open rates, click rates and social media engagement stats;
• Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Input, update and maintain data in our CRM (database) to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- With our CRM Manager, develop key processes to help WIG achieve high data quality
- Work with the Senior Digital Marketing Executive to collate and assess the performance of marketing campaigns using e-marketing and social media metrics
- Work with the Head of Marketing & Data to deliver a monthly review of our website performance, pulling key website analytics to assess impact and opportunities
- Use insight to inform key content-planning conversations for the website and social media activity
- Work with wider team members on new ways to collect and record important customer data, including surveys
- Act as a website and data champion, training and supporting team members on our platforms
- Support the Marketing & Data team to manage key customer and team inboxes
- Share new ideas with the team to help improve WIG’s understanding of its audiences
Please note that the responsibilities listed are not exhaustive and this job description may be subject to change as the role evolves over time.
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
The position is available on a permanent, full-time equivalent basis and is based at our office near St James’s Park (we are currently working remotely in line with Government guidelines and will continue to follow these). We plan to offer flexibility of working hours and provision for some home working on return to the office, in line with organisational need. We offer a flexible working space, with an environment designed for various types of work.
A salary of between £23,000 to £25,000 (dependent on skills and experience) will be payable. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit & vegetables in the office.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to 27 working days per year.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements (including reduced hours working) for the right candidate.
How to apply
- Please apply with an Application Form and Equalities Monitoring Form (both downloadable below) by email to Catherine Clarke, Head of Marketing at The Whitehall & Industry Group – [email protected]
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Catherine Clarke, Head of Marketing at The Whitehall & Industry Group on [email protected]
- The deadline for applications is Midday, Friday 11 June 2021.
- First round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 28 June 2021.
Second round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 12 July 2021.