Marketing Growth & Data Analyst, The Whitehall & Industry Group
The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG), a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
Our charitable purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the sectors is delivered through a range of activities in the following three areas:
- Events and networks - briefings, roundtables, workshops and conferences to explore latest policy and share best practice from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
- Talent - offering the transfer of experience and expertise to another sector through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
- Leadership - developing leadership skills at all career levels in a cross-sector environment.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Data, the role is a diverse and hands-on opportunity to get involved in the marketing campaign planning and delivery of a range of activities under the WIG umbrella. The right person would have the chance to make this role their own, improving processes and innovating areas of campaign optimisation and direct audience engagement, to really drive results. This is an exciting time for the organisation, with our digital transformation going full steam ahead. We are currently working on a new website and on enhancing digital journeys for our key stakeholders.
The WIG Marketing & Data team supports all areas of the business, from membership recruitment and engagement, event marketing, leadership programme recruitment and the promotion of our Talent products. The team is responsible for our brand, customer-centricity, user experience, market positioning and digital presence. This role is focused on reaching our targets for attendance, product use and revenue.
Segmenting audience data to create targeted lists for specific campaigns and going beyond existing customer data to devise creative and innovative ways to reach new, appropriate audiences;
Supporting delivery areas across WIG in reaching their sales KPIs (for example, but not limited to: achieving a balance of attendees from across the sectors at an event or on a leadership programme, achieving appropriate audiences for business development or engagement, particularly on paid-for products);
Tracking and measurement of campaign performance via our analytics channels (including email, social, Google Analytics, CRM); producing reports for senior stakeholders;
Producing regular statistics to report back on KPIs (these can be monthly, or ad-hoc, as required by business needs);
Supporting the engagement work on WIG's upcoming new website, setting up CMS workflows and automations to ensure engagement of appropriate audiences (e.g. different approaches for those who have engaged with a campaign vs. those who have not);
Using the CRM system to create marketing lists, populating lists by appropriately coding audiences who engage with us and monitoring list growth and diversity (e.g. by sector, seniority, etc.);
Supporting relationship managers with data updates and changes, to ensure the right people are coded on our systems to amplify our campaigns to the optimal audiences;
Supporting the CRM & Data Manager as required in creating dashboards, views and reports to help key internal stakeholders visualise data (e.g. on KPIs) as well as supporting with occasional data management and maintenance (making updates, merging records etc.);
Working closely with and supporting the rest of the marketing and data team with ad-hoc tasks (e.g. website updates, proofreading, small design edits, scheduling social posts, monitoring customer-facing inboxes) as required;
Engage with other WIG teams to offer training, guidance and support.
- A solid track record in data analysis and campaign optimisation, with proven ability to gather and segment appropriate audience data to ensure success of campaigns;
- A real passion for data science and analytics, with savviness in dissecting and interpreting complex information into accessible formats;
- Demonstrable experience working with and understanding of the full marketing mix and how data impacts outcomes, as well as running campaigns with marketing optimisation;
- Expertise in using analytics and measurement tools (Google Analytics etc.);
- Experience working with MS Dynamics CRM;
- Results and outcomes-driven, comfortable meeting targets;
- High attention to detail and proficiency in thoroughly checking complex data sets;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, an adaptable style to suit different people, cultures and situations;
- Excellent level of written English;
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure and to run a number of different projects simultaneously;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise with high attention to detail;
- Creative problem-solving attitude, finding innovative and cost-efficient ways to deliver against KPIs.
- Experience working on successful multi-channel marketing campaigns;
- Understanding of data protection regulation (GDPR);
- Previous experience or interest in policy, Civil Service, B2B or membership organisations.
Values and Behaviours
- Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally - Creative, Open-minded, Trusted;
- Flexibility - need for an 'all hands to the pump' attitude when the organisation is particularly busy.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
The position is available on a permanent basis. We are delighted to hear from candidates interested in both full-time and part-time working, for example a 9-day fortnight. Remote working in the first instance, this role will be based at our recently refurbished office near St James’s Park. We offer a flexible working space, with an environment designed for various types of work.
A salary of between £25,000 to £30,000 (dependent on skills and experience) will be payable. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit & vegetables in the office under normal circumstances.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to 27 working days per year.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements (including reduced hours working) for the right candidate.
How to apply
Please submit you completed Application Form and Equalities Monitoring Form (downloadable below) via the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of this page or via email to Paige Torrance, Talent Manager – [email protected]
If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Paige Torrance, Talent Manager at The Whitehall & Industry Group on 020 7222 1166 or [email protected]
The deadline for applications is midday, Friday 4 December 2020.
First round virtual interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 7 December 2020.
Second round virtual interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 14 December 2020.WIG - Marketing Growth and Data Analyst November 2020.pdf