Reporting to the Head of Membership, the Membership Manager will work very closely with our current and prospective membership, building and sustaining relationships to boost engagement and retention, while upholding WIG’s reputation and high-quality service delivery. The postholder will speak daily to members to understand their needs and in response, will develop creative strategies to increase our impact. This role will suit someone who thrives off purposeful, results-driven relationship building and enjoys implementing new ideas, working in collaboration with members, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve mutual aims.
Why choose this role?
- You will work directly with WIG members, building meaningful relationships with a wide range of organisations including central government departments, FTSE companies, national charities and top universities.
- You will have the opportunity to build creative solutions for the members based on the varied conversations you will have on a daily basis, working regularly with other colleagues in WIG.
- You will make a difference every day through the role you play in connecting the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to improve society.
- You will leave a legacy, by thriving in an autonomous work environment where there is an open-minded attitude toward continuous improvement and embracing change.
- You will be supported by a friendly, fun, inclusive and purpose-driven team.
- You will have experience of successful account management, nurturing productive relationships to deliver clearly agreed engagement targets.
- You will show a strong interest in policy, business and civil society, and the value of facilitating connection and dialogue between the sectors.
- You will have evidence of having successfully sold offers/services to a range of clients.
- You will be passionate about data and the optimisation of systems to drive efficiency.
- You will be enthusiastic, inclusive, solutions-focused and people oriented.
In this role:- You will co design and deliver an ambitious membership acquisition and retention strategy.- You will be the main account manager and point of contact for a significant proportion of WIG’s cross-sector members, building relationships with senior leaders and executives.- You will be responsible for growth, bringing in new members who represent the most well-known and successful household brands and names.- You will actively maintain and deliver a high quality and responsive membership service, ensuring that members understand all benefits and can access opportunities for engagement.- You will streamline and improve processes and systems to optimise customer service and increase social impact.
- Salary: £33-37k dependent on skills and experience.- Flexibility: As we return to our office, we are offering flexible working hours and some home working.- Holiday: 25 days a year, rising to 27 after two years of service. Also, extra days given between Christmas and New Year.- Learning & development: We invest in training and developing our staff at all levels – through coaching, mentoring and training programmes, including the opportunity to benefit from WIG’s own L&D offerings.- Benefits: interest-free annual season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, 5% pension contribution, BUPA health check every two years, employee support programme, and complimentary fresh fruit & vegetables in the office.
- Please submit a CV through LinkedIn or via email to Lydia Garrett, Head of Membership at The Whitehall & Industry Group; [email protected]
- If you have any questions or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Lydia Garrett at The Whitehall & Industry Group on 020 7222 1166 or via [email protected]
- Please let us know if you need any support with your application. WIG is an equal opportunities employer committed to inclusion where diversity and fairness is respected, valued and celebrated.Equalities Monitoring Form.docx 3 WIG candidate brief 2021 - Membership Manager.pdf WIG - Membership Manager Role Responsibilities - October 2021.pdf