Process Improvement Manager, Secondment Opportunity
Oxfam GB is seeking a Process Improvement Manager to support Oxfam’s Finance community in use of financial systems and support the Finance Improvement Project in delivering efficiency savings for the Finance, Legal and Governance (FLAG) division.
The Finance Improvement Project is a key strategic priority for FLAG enabling existing workloads to be managed and future savings realised. This role acts as the program lead for the Finance Improvement Program (FIP) by:
• Supporting and facilitating projects as determined by the FIP board
• Providing regular updates to the FIP board on improvement projects, risks and opportunities
• Acting as an expert advisor on process improvement activities
• Supporting FLAG division to embed Continuous Improvement working practices
• Assisting FLAG team members to deliver process improvements.
Every individual at Oxfam needs to be able to:
• Live their values of Inclusion, Accountability and Empowerment.
• Ensure you commit to their Organisational Attributes (including adhering to their Code of Conduct)
Key dimensions of the role include:
• Liaising with staff at all levels
• Analysis and problem solving
• Process Documentation
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies
• Running workshops
• Managing own time to achieve objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Preparing papers for FIP Board
• Leading workshops on process improvement
• Assisting teams identify process improvements
• Providing expert advisor on process improvement activities
• Liaising with other staff to deliver identified improvements
• Providing process documentation.
• Supporting the ongoing running of Communication Cells (“Team Hubs”) to allow teams to be self supporting.
Hours and Contract Period:
• Hybrid Working: Oxfam fully supports home working, with only limited travel required to Oxfam House.
• Fixed Term Contract
• Remuneration: £30,958 to £40,168 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
• Relationship building
• Understanding of continuous improvement
• Ability to analyse and solve problems
• Ability to communicate clearly to staff at all levels
• Good planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• A recognised accountancy qualification
• Experience of Financial Systems and Processes
Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam GB needs to be able to:
1. Be committed to their feminist principles, and to apply them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity.
2. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
If you are applying for the position of Process Improvement Manager, please submit the following:
• A detailed CV.
• A covering letter explaining why this secondment interests you and how you meet the role profile.
• Please ensure that you have discussed this opportunity with your line manager before making a formal approach.
• If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Katy Crothall at [email protected] or on 02072274786.
• The deadline for applications is Sunday 9th January 2022.
• All applications should be submitted via the WIG website (https://www.wig.co.uk/career-opportunities/career-listing.html) or emailed to [email protected]
• The selection process will be discussed as part of the application proces.