Public Affairs Manager, Secondment Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen to take a secondment with CPI for 12 months.
CPI are at an exciting time in their evolution. Born in the North East of England in 2004, CPI is a deep tech innovation organisation and a founding member of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult.
CPI are a team of intelligent people solving the biggest global challenges in healthcare and sustainability using advances in science and technology. CPI works with partners in industry, academia, government, and the investment community to accelerate the development and commercialisation of innovative products.
CPI’s work spans from medicines manufacturing innovations for multiple modalities including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acids, advanced drug delivery systems, and health technologies, to the use of sustainable materials for energy storage, packaging, and novel food, feed, and nutraceuticals, all underpinned by a suite of digital technologies.
CPI has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual who is keen to work in a new field, be at the front foot of innovation and technology, make a real impact in terms of change and appreciate a different culture and way of thinking.
This person has the chance to shape their role profile but will ideally assist in the following areas:
• Develop and drive forward a public affairs strategy and plan for CPI including collaboration with existing colleagues and our network, notably the HVM Catapult;
• Create the environment in which CPI’s Centres are a neutral, informative, and enabling partner to support policy makers’ understanding of the commercialisation of research and development and a
window into the challenges of deep tech innovation
• Support the communication and promotion of CPI’s and HVM Catapult’s narratives around impact generation (economic, societal, environmental) and value generation to the right public sector stakeholders including within BEIS and HM Treasury. CPI also has a desire to engage more with DIT and FCO to support the inward ‘innovation’ investment agenda.
• Monitor and advise the Senior Leadership Team on political, regulatory and other policy or business environment developments, that may affect the delivery of our strategy;
• Consider whether CPI should respond to or take action on these developments and help drive agreed action forward.
• Identify and take forward opportunities to collaborate with other organisations in promoting outcomes that CPI wants to see;
• Assist in developing CPI responses to policy consultations where appropriate in conjunction with other colleagues.
• Share intelligence on developments in our landscape, particularly those related to government policy or initiatives – this will come not only from monitoring publications and public statements from
Ministers and others, but also from picking up and sharing news of discussions that members of the team have had with MPs, Ministers, officials and other influencers at the national/regional/local level.
• Support recognition of CPI and the HVM Catapult as a thought leader on relevant public policy issues.
• Working within Europe and operational understanding thereof.
• Government assurance in funding applications.
• An awareness of economic impact.
• Working with an impact team.
• Bidding or analysing bids for new work.
• Government affairs, policy, or communications work.
• Regional funding and levelling up.
• Health economics.
If you are applying for the position of Public Affairs Manager, please submit the following
The interview process will be discussed as part of the application process
Please find the "CPI - Who We Are” document for more information, and please contact [email protected] or 02072274786 for a private and confidential discussion regarding next steps.Candidate Pack "Who We Are" document Equality Monitoring Form.docx