Renaisi – Non-Executive Directors – Finance and Strategy
Renaisi is a 20-year-old social enterprise on a mission to help people and places to thrive. With a revenue of around £3m per year and a team of some 70 people, they do three complementary things:
1) They provide employment and inclusion programmes for people experiencing disadvantage and exclusion;
2) They work with institutions across the UK to help them understand and increase their impact on communities through research, evaluation and learning partnerships;
3) They generate insights and learning from across their work to help them explore what it takes to improve a place.
In the coming years, Renaisi will think ambitiously and creatively about what their business model allows them to do. As a social enterprise, a company limited by guarantee with social aims, they have the opportunity to build their business, not around a specific product or charitable mission, but rather around a question: What does it take to improve a place?
This question has many potential answers. Renaisi are going to build connections with others who are interested in exploring those answers in order to drive practice and policy. On the ground, Renaisi will focus delivery on a small number of London Boroughs, building support around the individual and their needs, rather than just the outcome of work.
Renaisi’s Non-Executive Directors play an active role in the development and continuing success of the organisation. They are looking for individuals with the time to commit their energy and enthusiasm.
While retaining their independence as Non-Executive Directors, Renaisi want you to feel you have a part to play; using your networks, your experience and your skills to evidence your commitment to Renaisi and their purpose beyond attendance at Board meetings. While recognising the need for flexibility to meet professional and personal circumstances, the commitment will typically include:
• Attendance at Board meetings 4 times per year, each lasting 2 hours on average;
• Attendance at an annual away day to focus on Board effectiveness and strategy;
• Your participation as a member of a Board sub-committee such as Finance and Risk or Governance. These meet up to 4 times per year.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Non-Executive Director
• Upholding and adhering to the highest standards of governance;
• Ensuring that Renaisi meet their financial and legal responsibilities;
• Contributing to strategic direction, using your experience and expertise;
• Scrutinising performance and holding the Executives to account for delivery against agreed strategic objectives and the annual business plan;
• Contributing to Renaisi’s financial sustainability, by challenging growth plans and budgets;
• Being an ambassador for Renaisi and bringing relevant intelligence to the organisation, enabling them to capitalise on opportunities.
Skills, Experience, Values and Characteristics
Renaisi are particularly interested in Non-Executives who can bring the following skill/experience sets to support the Board:
- Finance and Audit;
- Strategy and Business Development.
Renaisi want to talk to people who share and are excited by their mission, work and strategy. More specifically, they are seeking the following in two Non-Executives:
- Strong strategic business development skills;
- Strong and well-developed professional networks; bringing your contacts and relationships to benefit and promote Renaisi;
- Excellent networking, influencing and communication skills;
- A team player who can leave their ego at the door and work collaboratively with the rest of the Board, providing constructive challenge where necessary;
- A desire to increase knowledge and understanding and a commitment to Renaisi’s purpose;
- An appreciation of governance, and an ability to judge how to effectively manage the boundaries between Non-Executive and Executive roles and responsibilities;
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and guidelines.
Please submit the following:
- Your CV (maximum 2 sides of A4),
- Covering letter setting out your reasons for applying and the added value you would bring to Renaisi as a Non-Executive (maximum 1 side of A4),
- Equalities Monitoring Form (downloadable below).
Documentation can either be submitted via the WIG website via the Apply Now link at the top of this page, or by email to Patrick Reihill, Head of Talent via [email protected]
If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Reihill, Head of Talent via [email protected] or on 0207 222 1166.
The deadline for applications is Midday, Monday 22 July 2019.
Interviews will be held in August and September 2019.Renaisi Non-Executive Directors JD June 2019 WIG Equalities Monitoring Form