WIG – Leadership Assistant
The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG), a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our charitable purpose is to promote mutual understanding between private, public and not-for-profit organisations, through facilitated learning, practical experience and training. We do this through a range of activities in the following three areas:
• Events and networks – to explore latest policy and share best practice, from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
• Talent – through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
• Leadership – for future leaders, high potential managers, senior directors and commissioners of public services.
WIG has over 230 cross-sector member organisations – FTSE 350 and professional services companies, central government departments and agencies, local authorities, charities and some wider public sector bodies. Our philosophy is underpinned by finding creative ways of bringing people together to have open-minded conversations in a trusted environment. 2019 has seen us launch new values, equally applicable to our internal and external environments – Creative, Open-Minded and Trusted.
WIG currently has 24 staff, all based in our London office. As a founding member of the Public Service Transformation Academy (a social enterprise), we also provide logistics for Commissioning Academy events.
WIG delivers 10 leadership development programmes & public sector transformation/commissioning academies per year as well as 140 events (breakfast briefings, workshops, conferences and dinners). Our programmes tackle issues of importance to business, government and not-for-profit sectors and are designed to explore and share best practice, understand latest government policies that affect business; and hear from and debate with first-class speakers.
WIG members host most events across the UK (though some are externally hosted). The Leadership Assistant helps ensure many of these activities happen effectively in the Leadership Team.
The role will involve the following administrative responsibilities supporting the Team
Customer service/general administration:
• Dealing with and responding to delegates’ queries regarding events and logging responses to event invitations via phone and email;
• Supporting the wider marketing team in coordinating event collateral and digital content;
• Working with WIG partners and suppliers;
• Having the opportunity to get involved with various projects across teams;
• Updating budget spreadsheets.
Customer Relationship Management Database (CRM)/Website administration/Systems:
• General support on the CRM including updating and maintaining CRM records to ensure records are as accurate as possible;
• Helping to update the website with relevant events content when required;
• Helping keep our partners’ systems up to date (including working with their Gmail, Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox setups).
• Preparation of Leadership and Commissioning Academy materials (delegate packs, marketing materials, managing couriers, printing badges etc.);
• Managing the logistics on the day of the event/programme to ensure its smooth running (attending, setting up & packing up);
• Assisting in event follow-up including producing evaluation reports;
• Ordering and maintaining stocks of event marketing materials.
WIG Impact Research Project:
• The individual will spend the first month supporting a Researcher undertaking a strategic WIG Impact Research Project. Tasks will include scheduling qualitative interviews, desk research and assisting in the delivery of an interim report for presentation to the Chief Executive.
The role needs a positive can-do attitude – you have the opportunity to develop and grow a range of skills over your time with us. We are seeking the following:
• High attention to detail;
• A methodical and systematic approach, with excellent organisation skills;
• Experience of working to tight deadlines under pressure and of running a number of projects simultaneously;
• Good interpersonal skills and professional approach to internal and external stakeholders;
• Good verbal, written and IT skills.
Values and Behaviours
• Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally – Creative, Open-Minded, Trusted;
• Strong interest in the interaction between government, business and the not-for-profit sector, and the value of cross-sector learning;
• Willingness to take on general administrative duties within the team;
• Flexibility – need for an ‘all hands to the pump’ attitude when the organisation is particularly busy;
• Willingness to work some unsociable hours (including some additional hours) on occasions when attendance at programme event days is required.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.
Terms of Employment and Application Process
The position is available on a 12 month fixed term basis. A salary of £21,000 per annum will be payable.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
• Please apply with a CV, Equalities Monitoring Form (downloadable below) and cover letter (maximum 500 words), setting out your reasons for applying and how you meet the criteria by email to Patrick Reihill, Head of Talent, The Whitehall & Industry Group – [email protected]
• If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Reihill on 020 7222 1166 or email [email protected].
• The deadline for applications is Midday, Monday 20 May 2019, with interviews held shortly after.WIG Leadership Assistant May 2019.pdf WIG Equalities Monitoring Form.docx