WIG – Membership Engagement Manager
The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG), a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-Minded and Trusted.
Our charitable purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the sectors is delivered through a range of activities in the following three areas:
• Events and networks – briefings, roundtables, workshops and conferences to explore latest policy and share best practice from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
• Talent – offering a taste of life in another sector through mentoring, secondments, Non-Executive appointments and charity Trustee roles;
• Leadership – developing leadership skills at all career levels in a cross-sector environment.
WIG has over 230 member organisations – an eclectic cross-sector mix of FTSE 350 and professional services companies, central government departments and agencies, local authorities, regulators, as well as universities, charities and institutes. Our full list of members by sector is available on our website: www.wig.co.uk/members
Over the last decade, WIG has experienced growth in membership. This is an area we wish to develop further over the coming years, with a particular emphasis on Food & Drink, Pharmaceuticals, Utilities and Media & Technology industries. In addition, we wish to engage more charities, universities and major city local authorities, with a view to building our not-for-profit and non-London based membership. Membership is currently resourced by our Head of Membership and Membership & Leadership Executive, with support from other teams as required. Currently 16 of our 26 staff have Relationship Management responsibilities as part of their wider role, who ensure that our members gain full value from their WIG membership.
Reporting to the Head of Membership, the Membership Engagement Manager will be at the heart of our relationship management strategy, increasing engagement and ensuring that WIG’s reputation and profile is augmented. This is a brand new position, created to support our membership growth and engagement strategy.
Specific Role Responsibilities
• Provide support to the Head of Membership across the membership portfolio, with a particular focus on membership engagement and support & management for Relationship Managers;
• Guardian of member engagement, working with the Membership team, Relationship Managers, and the Leads for activity areas, in ways that build engagement, add value and improve member experience;
• Work effectively with Marketing to ensure flow both ways of information and impact stories;
• Continuous improvement of relationship management, ensuring team members are effectively supported with data analysis, materials, product knowledge, impact stories, tools and techniques;
• Work across the organisation to ensure effective on-boarding and early engagement of new members within the first 6-12 months of membership;
• Development of a toolkit for disengaged members, working closely with Heads of Membership, Events, Leadership, Talent and Marketing and other members of the team as required;
• Monitor CRM usage and requirements for Relationship Managers, working closely with the CRM and Data Manager for further refinement;
• Contributing to business development and external engagement as required.
WIG Relationship Management and other WIG Responsibilities
• Relationship management of specific WIG member organisations to ensure that they gain full value from their WIG membership;
• Attendance at events and other WIG activities, to network with members.
Person Specification and Values & Behaviours
Person Specification - Essential
- A strong interest in government, business and the not-for-profit sector, their interaction, and the value of building dialogue, understanding and learning between the sectors;
- Enthusiastic, confident, self-aware;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – an adaptable style to suit different people, cultures and situations;
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- Customer-focused and partnership-driven;
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and a data-driven approach;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Desire to get involved in wider WIG projects and activities.
Person Specification - Desirable
- Experience of working in a membership organisation;
- Knowledge of CRM systems.
Values & Behaviours
- Embodiment of WIG Values internally and externally – Creative, Open-Minded, Trusted;
- Flexibility – need for an ‘all hands to the pump’ attitude when the organisation is particularly busy.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and all are expected to show commitment to personal learning and professional development.
Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
The position is available on a permanent basis and is based at our newly refurbished office near St James’s Park.
A salary of between £36,000 to £38,000 (dependent on skills and experience) will be payable. A suite of benefits is available to WIG employees, including an interest-free annual season ticket loan, 5% pension contribution, a BUPA ‘Classic’ health check every two years, employee support programme and complimentary fresh fruit in the office.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years’ service are entitled to an additional two days per year. Part-time staff working fewer than five days per week will have their entitlement assessed on a pro rata basis.
In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment and is always willing to consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
- Please apply with a CV, Equalities Monitoring Form (downloadable below) and cover letter (maximum 500 words), setting out your reasons for applying and how you meet the criteria by email to Patrick Reihill, Head of Talent, The Whitehall & Industry Group – [email protected].
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, or would value a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Reihill, Head of Talent, The Whitehall & Industry Group on 020 7222 1166 or [email protected].
- The deadline for applications is midday, Monday 17 June 2019.
- First round interviews will be held week commencing Monday 24 June 2019.
- Second round interviews will be held week commencing Monday 1 July 2019.