Establishing the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy - Alex Chisholm, Permanent Secretary
Join us to hear Alex speak on the priorities for BEIS, including the Industrial Strategy, climate change and energy security. He will also focus on the leadership challenge of creating a new Department.
About the speaker
Alex Chisholm became Permanent Secretary for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) in September 2016. Prior to that he was Joint Permanent Secretary for BEIS.
He is also:
- Trustee and Deputy Chair at the international charity Breadline Africa
Previous career highlights include:
- Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
- Chief Executive of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Chairperson and Commissioner of Ireland’s communications regulatory agency, ComReg
- Chair of the Economic Regulators Network in Ireland
- senior executive positions in the media, technology and e-commerce industries, with Pearson plc, Financial Times Group, eCountries Inc and Ecceleration Ltd