Clare Moriarty, Permanent Secretary Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Claire Moriarty is the Permanent Secretary for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. In this briefing you will hear about:
- the department's priorities and, in particular, preparations in light of Brexit
- Claire's personal leadership journey
About the speaker:
Clare Moriarty has been Permanent Secretary for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs since August 2015.
Her previous roles include:
- Director General, Rail Executive in the Department for Transport
- Director General, Corporate Group, Department for Transport
- Constitution Director, Ministry of Justice
- Head, NHS Foundation Trust Unit, Department of Health
- Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Health
Clare has a long-standing interest in leadership, change and diversity. She is a member of the Westminster Abbey Institute Council of Reference and the Advisory Council of the Cambridge Centre for Science and Policy.