ON HOLD: Developing a Local Industrial Strategy: Liverpool
As the government seeks to agree all Local Industrial Strategies in England by early 2020, this session is designed to engage with both the local public, private and not for profit sector, and also the regions beyond this, to give an understanding on how Liverpool is currently developing their LIS.
This session will explore:
- Where the origins of the Local Industrial Strategy originated, the intentions behind it and how it fits in with overarching Industrial Strategy
- How it has been created on a regional level, how the Cities and Local Growth Unit worked with the LCRCA to make the LIS a reality
- What the LIS is trying to do and what will happen in the region
- Views from business on engagement during LIS development and how it supports their work
- Maximising local benefits and inclusive growth