Webinar: Gareth Davies, Director General for Aviation, Maritime, International and Security Group, Department for Transport
Join us to hear from Gareth Davies, Director General for Aviation, Maritime, International and Security, Department for Transport, as he discusses what DfT is doing to ensure the UK's transport infrastructure is prepared for EU transition, and the impact of COVID-19.
By tuning into this webinar you will:
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for the infrastructure sector as the UK leaves the EU, including what's on the agenda for travel corridors, public transport, imports/exports, and HS2
- Learn more about the role of cross-sector collaboration between government, transport organisations, and academia
- Hear about the work that the UK government is doing with international organisations to ensure the safety, security and continuity of Britain's transport infrastrucutre
- Have the unique opportunity to pose your questions directly to Gareth, in a Chatham House environment
About the speaker
Director General, Aviation, Maritime, International and SecurityDepartment for Transport
Gareth Davies was appointed Director General, Aviation, Maritime, International and Security in the Department for Transport in May 2019. Previously Gareth was Director General, Business and Science in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). He was responsible for securing business investment, managing distressed corporate situations and £9 billion public funding for universities and business research and development. Over his career he has worked across the private and public sectors. He led the Prime Minister’s Strategy Unit and was a Private Secretary in Downing Street. Recently he worked for AIA, the pan-Asian life insurance company based in Hong Kong. Gareth spent his early career as a management consultant, specialising in privatisation, investment appraisal and competition policy. In his current role, Gareth's responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the transport system is ready for the UK’s transition from the EU
- Aviation policy including airports, environment, consumer protection, security and safety
- Maritime policy including infrastructure, environment, security and trade
- Security and safety of the transport network
- International negotiations with other governments and international transport organisations
- Sponsorship of arm- length bodies including the CAA, Maritime and Coastguard Agency and the Investigation Branches
By signing up you will be sent a recording of the presentation portion of the webinar after the event, in order to participate in the Q&A please join us live on the day.
If you have any problems in accessing clickmeetings.com when sent your joining email please let us know at [email protected], or consider using an alternative device.