Jonathan Marron, Director General of Community and Social Care, Department of Health and Social Care
In this briefing, Jonathan will give an update on the department’s main priorities, and in particular the work him and his team are doing around mental health, social care, communities and prevention and transformation; the particular challenges the department is facing during these turbulent times; and will provide an insight into his leadership role as Director General.
About the speaker
Jonathan Marron is the Director General of Community and Social Care at the Department of Health and Social Care. Prior to this role Jonathan has had a range of roles across the health service including:
- Director for Primary, Community, Mental Health and 7 Day Services at Department of Health and Social Care
- Director of Strategy at Public Health England
- Transition Director at Public Health England
- Director of Strategy and Planning at NHS South West Essex PCT
- Policy Director at Monitor
- System Reform and Commissioning Lead at Department of Health and Social Care
Jonathan is currently responsible for a range of policy areas, including mental health, dementia and disabilities; medicines and pharmacy; digital, data and primary care; care and transformation; and the office of the Chief Social Worker.