Jonathan Slater, Permanent Secretary, Department for Education
Join us at this breakfast briefing to hear Jonathan Slater giving an update on the priorities of the Department for Education. Jonathan will also provide insights on his leadership role as Permanent Secretary and answer questions during the Q&A, which will be conducted under the Chatham House rule.
Please note that this briefing has been rescheduled from 25 May to this date in September due to purdah.
About the speaker
Jonathan became the Permanent Secretary for the Department for Education in May 2016.
His previous roles in government include:
- Director General and Head of the Economic and Domestic Secretariat, Cabinet Office
- Director General of Head Office and Commissioning Services, Ministry of Defence
- Director General for Transforming Justice, Ministry of Justice
- Chief Executive of the Office, Criminal Justice Reform
- Director of Performance and Improvement, National Offender Management Service
- Director, Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit
Before joining the Civil Service in 2001, Jonathan was a local authority Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Education.