Senior Leaders Programme, January - October 2018
What will you gain and how does it work?
What will you gain?
- Supportive networks for long term challenge and support
- Insights into other organisations’ leadership challenges
- Practical tools to enhance your leadership style
- The latest leadership theories and insights into the wider changes impacting society and the economy
How it works?
Successful applicants are divided into facilitated learning sets of six to eight delegates. You will meet four times formally to:
- reflect on common performance, leadership and personal challenges
- learn from the different perspectives and organisational cultures
- have an opportunity to meet fellow delegate’s senior colleagues, to discuss the organisation’s vision and challenges.
You will also combine with the other learning sets for three additional modules, to learn about current issues in strategic leadership.
You can also participate in your pick of WIG events:
- Workshops and masterclasses on topics such as behavioural change, ‘LEAN’, corporate governance, risk and reputation.
- High-level senior networking events – including the WIG Annual Reception, briefings from Permanent Secretaries and senior Private Sector speakers.
Once you have completed the programme you will become a part of WIG’s Alumni network of over 1,200 people who have been on our cross-sector leadership programmes. The network will help to maintain alumni relationships, build new contacts and continue your development as a leader by offering a range of activities and ways of keeping in touch.
Who is this programme for?
Module 1: 24-25 January 2018
Action Learning Set 1: 1 March 2018
Action Learning Set 2: 19 April 2018
Module 2: 24 May 2018
Action Learning Set 3: 5 July 2018
Action Learning Set 4: 13 September 2018
Module 3: 30 October 2018
Testimonials & Participating Organisations
Carol Tullo, The National Archives
Organisations who have participated in the last three years:
Public Sector Organisation
Private Sector Organisation
Commissioners of Irish Lights
BAE Systems plc
Competition and Markets Authority
BT Global Services UK
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
Jaguar Land Rover
Korn Ferry Hay Group
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
Department for Communities and Local Government
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Department for Culture, Media & Sport
Warwick Manufacturing Group
HM Revenue & Customs
House of Commons
Africa Governance Initiative
Housing Ombudsman Service
Arts Council England
Ministry of Defence
London South Bank University
National Crime Agency
National Farmers' Union
The Pensions Regulator
Southampton Solent University
The Scottish Government
Fees & apply now!
£6,500 + VAT for WIG members and £8,500 + VAT for non-members. Reduced rate of £5,000 + VAT for the voluntary sector.
This includes dinner and overnight accommodation for the residential module, one charged-for event/workshop on the WIG events calendar, and two one-day development seminars, worth over £1,100 in value at the normal alumni rate.
Please contact WIG if you are unsure whether or not your organisation is a member.
How do I apply?
If you would like to discuss whether the programme is suitable for you please call the WIG office on 020 7222 1166 and ask to speak to Hannah Benaim or Lorraine King or email the Leadership Programmes Team.