Tell it Like Ted
Engaging your audience with stories, humour and eloquence
We all know a great presentation or a great communicator when we see one. A great talk is
enthralling, inspiring and often motivating. Thanks to the speakers at TED there is an
‘encyclopaedia like’ resource for all of us to learn from. Consider the structure, the delivery
skills, as well as each speaker’s individual style. Not only does TED contain great ideas worth
spreading it also demonstrates great communication skills well worth learning from.
Tell it like Ted explores these techniques; techniques used not by politicians or entertainers
but by respected professionals who have something they want to share. Countless studies
have shown that these speakers:
· Grab and hold attention, often spurring their audience into action
· Deliver engaging and memorable messages that stay with the audience
· Create a palpable sense of community within the group they are addressing
This seminar will explore the elements that make a talk and a communicator more
memorable, engaging and humorous.
1. Build trust and empathy with an audience
2. Make your talks more captivating
3. Engage others with your own and the organisations story
4. Use humour appropriately to make your message memorable
5. Feel more confident communicating with groups
6. Discover techniques that will increase the effectiveness of your message
7. Practice new skills and develop your own style
Development Seminars Bookings Terms & Conditions
Full payment or a valid purchase order must be received before the start of the event. The full fee must either be paid within 30 days of an invoice being issued or, if the booking is made within the 30 days prior to the start of the event, payment or a valid purchase order must be received before the event starting date. For a full refund, cancellations must be confirmed in writing no later than 21 days prior to the event starting date. No refunds apply to cancellations made in the 20 days prior to the event. A substitute delegate can attend in the place of the registered delegate, if WIG is notified in advance. There is no fee to substitute a delegate. Non-payment or non-attendance without written notification will incur the full registration fee.
Fees to attend
WIG Members’ fee: £450 + VAT.
Non-member fee: £560 + VAT.
Leadership Programmes Alumni fee: £338 + VAT or £225 + VAT if you bring along a full paying colleague.
Voluntary sector fee: £338 + VAT.
This is inclusive of lunch and refreshments.