The Food and Drink Sector Council - a collaborative approach to productivity and sustainability
Join us to hear from the newly formed Food and Drink Sector Council as part of WIG's Industrial Strategy Series.
The Food and Drink Sector Council is an industry-led partnership with government to increase the productivity and sustainability of the UK food and drink sector. Established under the government’s new industrial strategy, the Council provides the forum for the whole food and drink industry, from farm to fork, to collaborate with policy-makers across Whitehall to address the big, strategic challenges and opportunities it faces.
The event will be an opportunity to hear from senior industry and Defra speakers about the Council’s strategic aims for the UK food sector, and discuss how the industry can help deliver on the government’s ambitious industrial strategy for the country.
- Alex Williams, Head of Sector Deals, Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Alison Ismael, Acting Director, Agri Food Directorate, Defra
- Ian Rayson, Corporate Communications Director, Nestle UK & Ireland, and Interim Secretariat for the Food and Drink Sector Council
- Angela Coleshill, Competitiveness Director, Food and Drink Federation
- Jonathan Birnie, Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board