POSTPONED: The Outsourcing Collaboration Forum: A cross-sector approach to best practice in outsourcing
About the event
It is widely agreed that when done properly outsourcing can bring efficiency, scale and fresh thinking to all manner of projects for both government and private sector organisations alike.
The purpose of the WIG Outsourcing Conference, in partnership with the Cabinet Office, is to bring together a cross-sector audience to discuss best practice in outsourcing. In the context of the Governments’ recently published ‘Outsourcing Playbook’, we will discuss methods of improving both decision-making and the quality of contracts, along with focusing on real world case studies and scenarios.
We will be announcing the full line-up of speakers shortly. See the full agenda below:
Context to the Outsourcing Collaboration Forum:
In 2019, following the collapse of Carillion, the Cabinet Office released the ‘Outsourcing Playbook’ which outlines a series of key new policies for making outsourcing decisions and contracting outside suppliers for the delivery of public services. The document puts forward eleven key policies related to outsourcing, along with guiding principles and rules to help build public trust in government and its suppliers.
One year on since the publication, WIG has partnered with the Cabinet Office to bring you the Outsourcing Collaboration Forum. The purpose of this unique conference is to bring together the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to discuss the implementation of the playbook one year on, as well as having discussions on how we can continue to improve the relationship between the government and its suppliers.
In partnership with:
This day-long event will create a safe space for open and frank dialogue to help improve cooperation and collaboration between the sectors. The Outsourcing Collaboration Forum will be your opportunity to:
- Get an update on the implementation of the Outsourcing Playbook
- Understand how we can enhance the dialogue between the public sector and its suppliers
- Discuss future trends and innovations in outsourcing
- Get into what government outsourcing could look like post-Brexit
At this leading event you will hear from:
- The Cabinet Office
- Commercial Directors from across government departments
- C-level names from major outsourcing suppliers
- Not-for-profits and academics focused on outsourcing best practice
Who should attend the Outsourcing Collaboration Forum?
The full day event is for all those involved in outsourcing, whether in the public, private or not for profit sector. It will be the place for you to meet with over 150+ names, including:
- Department commercial directors
- Departmental commercial/procurement leads, advisers and specialists
- Private sector outsourcing suppliers
- Directors and Heads of public sector
- Business development leads and legal specialists