Virtual Live Briefing with Sir Jonathan Jones QC, Permanent Secretary 2014-2020, Government Legal Department
Please apply now to secure your spot on this virtual live briefing. Sign up as usual using your WIG account, an invitation to register on webinar platform confirming your place will be sent out a week ahead of the session. WIG members are guaranteed a place by applying to attend.
Please note this session will not be recorded.
We are delighted to welcome Sir Jonathan Jones QC, Permanent Secretary 2014 -2020, Government Legal Department for this Virtual Live Briefing as he discusses his time at the Government Legal Department and what he believes the challenges and opportunities will be in the context of COVID-19 and the UK’s exit from the European Union.
Join us for your opportunity to:
- Hear Jonathan’s reflections on his time as Permanent Secretary at the Government Legal Department.
- Explore what potential challenges he believes lie ahead for the legal sector across both government and industry.
- Learn about Jonathan’s leadership journey and some of the lessons that he has learnt during his career.
- Pose your questions to Jonathan in our live Q&A.
Sir Jonathan Jones QC
Permanent SecretaryGovernment Legal Department
Jonathan took up his role as Treasury Solicitor and Permanent Secretary of TSol on 1 March 2014. TSol became the Government Legal Department on 1 April 2015. Jonathan stood down as Treasury Solicitor in November 2020. His previous roles include:
- Director General, Home Office Legal Adviser’s Branch, 2012 to 2014
- Deputy Treasury Solicitor at the Treasury Solicitor’s Department, 2009 to 2012
- Director General of the Attorney General’s Office, 2004 to 2009
- Legal Adviser to the Department for Education, 2002 to 2004