WIG/UKRN: Harnessing the power of data to improve consumer outcomes
WIG and The UK Regulators Network look forward to welcoming government, regulators and industry to this workshop exploring how data can be harnessed to create better consumer outcomes. The event will ask:
- Where is data being used in innovative ways to improve outcomes for consumers?
- How can regulators encourage innovative uses of data while also ensuring consumers are protected?
- What are the challenges for using more innovative solutions to improve outcomes for consumers?
- What do we know about consumers attitudes to how their data is used and what the boundaries should be? What are the roles of government, regulators and companies to ensure consumers are informed?
- How is the use of data changing regulated markets and how should regulators and regulated companies respond?
- Tim Jarvis, Director, Consumer and Competition Policy, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Louise Beardmore, Customer Services and People Director, United Utilities
- Simon McDougall, Executive Director, Technology Policy and Innovation, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Catherine Miller, Director of Policy, Doteveryone