POSTPONED: WIG/UKRN: Balancing infrastructure renewal with net-zero targets
WIG is delighted to once again partner with the UK Regulators Network to deliver this workshop.
In this event we want to explore the balance between investment for growth, capacity and resilience of the UK’s infrastructure networks with the targets for emissions reduction. The focus will be on the innovation in technology and funding models for investment this may require, and the role of regulation and innovation in this. The event will seek to address:
• How well do industry, government and regulators understand the current carbon emissions of different sectors and the potential risks associated with climate change, including physical, liability and transition risks. What more can we do to share this understanding across sectors?
• What is the role of innovation and what more can be done to drive and support innovative solutions and funding models? Are these approaches transferable across sectors? What role should regulators, government, industry and investors play?
• How effective are current regulatory tools in delivering the investment required to deliver on the UK’s net zero commitments? What regulatory innovation or other changes may be needed and how should we balance securing investment with a focus on keeping prices low for consumers?
- Suleman Alli, Director Customer Services, Strategy, Regulation, UK Power Networks
- Jane Dennett-Thorpe, Head of Research and Horizon Scanning, Ofgem
- Charles Donovan, Director of Centre for Climate Finance and Investment, Imperial College