WIG/UKRN Regulators Network: Enforcing Regulation
Join WIG and the UK Regulators Network (UKRN) for a workshop to explore how changing markets are impacting regulatory enforcement. The event will be of interest to regulators, regulated industries, lawyers and other interested parties.
Speakers will share their views on the following:
- What are the challenges and opportunities that face public enforcement to protect the collective interests of consumers?
- Are regulators’ enforcement powers and approaches still fit for purpose, within sectors agitated by new and different players joining the market, for example in energy?
- How can we address the challenges and capitalise on the opportunities brought by new market dynamics to deliver the best outcomes for customers?
- Jaee Samant, Director General for Market Frameworks, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Gaucho Rasmussen, Director of Enforcement and Regulations, Ofcom
- Anthony Pygram, Director of Conduct and Enforcement, Ofgem
- Daniel Gordon, Senior Director of Markets, CMA
- Matthew Upton, Head of Policy for Consumer and Public Services, Citizens Advice