Workings of Business: Realities of the Private Sector
Please note that this is a paid-for event. Book your place via Eventbrite here.
Workings of Business is a dynamic full-day seminar giving those working within policy and other government roles a comprehensive understanding of British business, the global economic landscape, and an insight into the day-to-day issues that businesses face, from FTSE 100 companies to SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises).
Delivered entirely by senior leaders from a diverse range of private sector organisations, this course is ideal for policy makers, engagement leads, economists, those in communications roles, and those whose work has some form of interaction with the private sector.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear from a current CEO about their role atop a FTSE 100 company, gain an insight into the role of the Board of Executives, uncover the unique issues that SME owners face, and explore the ways in which technology and disruptive trends are impacting the business environment. They will also learn about the challenges that businesses face when interacting with Whitehall and the policy making process.
- Sara Weller, Trustee, Lloyds, former Managing Director, Argos
- Mark Reynolds, CEO, Mace Group
- Jeremy Lawson, Chief Economist, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Nick Lakin, Group Corporate Affairs Director, Kingfisher
- Sonali Parekh, Head of Policy, Federation of Small Businesses
- Leo Campbell, Co-Founder, Modern Bakery
By attending, participants will:
- Discover how large FTSE companies operate in practice, with insight from a board member and a CEO
- An understanding of the economic landscape of British business
- Get a first-hand account of the challenges SMEs face and how they interact with government
- Put your questions directly to those in key positions to understand how government and the private sector can enhance their relationship
Member early bird rate: £250 + VAT (until Friday 21 February 2020)
Member standard rate: £350 + VAT
Non-member rate: £450 + VAT
*Please be aware that the below link will take you to an external eventbrite website where your information will be collected*