Workings of The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
Please note that this is a paid-for event.
The Whitehall & Industry Group is delighted to announce a unique new offer for our members, which aims to deepen attendees' understanding of BEIS as a department and how best to work with them. Workings of The Deparment for BUsiness, Energy, and Industrial strategy (BEIS) will consist of a series of 3 x 90 minute online workshops commencing 22 September 2020. Each session will be highly interactive including Q&A with speakers and breakout discussions.
Join us for this unique opportunity to hear directly from a variety of senior BEIS representatives, and key stakeholders.
- Session 1 | Tuesday 22 September 15:00 -16:30
- Looking at departmental structure, governance, and strategic priorities
- Session 2 | Thursday 24 September 15:00 - 16:30
- Focussed on how BEIS utilises tools such as consultations to inform policy, and how business can interact and engage directly with government
- Session 3 | Tuesday 29 September 15:00 - 16:30
- Exploring how BEIS collaborates with other departments, and works with associated arm's-length bodies
- Jaspal Roopra, Deputy Director HR - Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Management and Strategic Workforce Planning, BEIS
- Julie McLynchy, Deputy Director, Grand Challenges & Sector Deals, Industrial Strategy, BEIS
- Nader Farahati, Deputy Director, Business Engagement, BEIS
- Graham Russell MBE, Chief Executive, The Office for Product Safety and Standards, BEIS (tbc)
- Member early bird rate: £250 + VAT (until Friday 11 September 2020)
- Member standard rate: £350 + VAT
- Non-member rate: £450 + VAT
*Please be aware that the below link will take you to an external eventbrite website where your information will be collected*