Workings of Whitehall - key players in the policy making process
Workings of Whitehall is a dynamic full day seminar delivered by current and former senior civils servants, giving participants the opportunity to learn about how the Civil Service functions, who the key figures in the policy making process are, and how business can effectively engage with Whitehall.
Participants have the opportunity to learn about the role of The Treasury, the relationship between a Special Adviser, a Minister and a Permanent Secretary, and how the new Department for Exiting the European Union works with other departments and external organisations.
This seminar is ideal for anyone new to working in public affairs or government engagement in the private or not-for-profit sector, individuals new to the Civil Service, and those interfacing with central government from other public bodies.
Sessions will cover:
· An overview of the Civil Service, The Cabinet Office and key policy makers
· A look at the policy making process
· A policy case study with an interactive group activity
· The role of HM Treasury
· The workings of DExEU, and how other departments are managing Brexit
· How business engages with Whitehall
· The role of the Permanent Secretary and Special Adviser
*Please be aware that the below link will take you to an external eventbrite website where your information will be collected*
Download the Agenda
Member early bird rate: £250 + VAT (until Friday 18 October 2019)
Member standard rate: £350 + VAT
Non-member rate: £450 + VAT