Workings of Whitehall
Workings of Whitehall is a dynamic full day seminar delivered by current and former senior civils servants, giving participants the opportunity to learn about how the Civil Service functions, who the key figures in the policy making process are, and how business can effectively engage with Whitehall.
Participants have the opportunity to learn about the role of The Treasury, the relationship between a Special Adviser, a Minister and a Permanent Secretary, and how the new Department for Exiting the European Union works with other departments.
This seminar is ideal for anyone new to working in public affairs or government engagement in the private or not-for-profit sector, individuals new to the Civil Service, and those interfacing with central government from other public bodies.
- Peter Unwin, Former Chief Executive, The Whitehall & Industry Group and former Director General, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Sir Martin Donnelly, Former Permanent Secretary at Department for International Trade
- Olly Newton, Director of Policy and Research, The Edge Foundation, and former Head of Apprenticeships Strategy, Department for Education
- Mark Langdale, Partner for UK Central Government, Arcadis
- Emily Walch, Corporate Affairs Director, The Investment Association and former Special Adviser to Vince Cable
- Ted Hayden, Industrial Strategy, Head of Grand Challenges at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Lindsey Whyte, Deputy Director, Devolved and Local Government
James Dowler, Deputy Director, Stakeholder Engagement, Department for Exiting the European Union
Member early bird rate: £250 + VAT (closed)
Member standard rate: £350 + VAT
Non-member rate: £450 + VAT
*Please be aware that the below link will take you to an external website where your information will be collected.*
Please click here to register through Eventbrite.