Workings of Whitehall
Workings of Whitehall provides an insight into the Civil Service, the role of policy-makers, and how business can engage with the policy-making process. The seminar is ideal for individuals from the private and voluntary sectors who are new to public affairs or working with government in their roles. The seminar can also be useful for those who are new to the Civil Service.
This essential programme is delivered by senior current and former civil servants, and provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Discover who the key players in the policy-making process are
- Gain a better understanding of how policy is made and how business can effectively interact with this process
- Understand the structure and function of the Civil Service
- Learn about the workings of the new Department for Exiting the European Union
- Find out more about key departments such as HM Treasury and the Cabinet Office
- Hear from a former Permanent Secretary and current Special Adviser
Member early bird rate: £250 + VAT (available until 31 January). See below for further pricing information.
Download the full agenda:Workings of Whitehall Agenda 2017