Workings of Whitehall
Workings of Whitehall provides an insight into the policy-making process, and an overview of who the key players in the process are.
This interactive programme is delivered by current and former senior civil servants, providing an overview of the functions of the Civil Service and how business relates to this. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the role of The Treasury, and how the new Department for Exiting the European Union works with other departments and external organisations. The programme also offers an in-depth policy formation case study, a chance to discover first hand how business engages effectively with Whitehall, and the opportunity to hear from a former Permanent Secretary.
This seminar is essential for anyone new to working with government in their role, or for those with limited previous exposure to policy formation.
- Olly Newton, Director of Policy and Research, The Edge Foundation, and former Head of Apprenticeships Strategy, Department for Education
- James Dowler, Deputy Director, Stakeholder Engagement, Department for Exiting the European Union
- Jo Clift, Former Head of Ombudsman Reform, Cabinet Office
- Dame Ursula Brennan, former Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Defence
- Mark Langdale, Partner for UK Central Government, Arcadis
- Peter Unwin, Chief Executive, The Whitehall & Industry Group and former Director General, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Emily Walch, Corporate Affairs Director, The Investment Association
Member early bird rate: £250 + VAT (until Friday 8 September)
Member standard rate: £350 + VAT
Non-member rate: £450 + VAT