The Charity Next team at WIG:
- Seeks and partners with a wide range of UK based not-for-profit organisations, supporting a broad mix of causes with varying sizes and structures, aiming to be a truly representative sample of the breadth and diversity within the sector.
- Supports organisations to put together viable six-month projects with tangible deliverables that meet their business needs, offering exposure to specific skills such as commercial, digital, project delivery, finance and communications.
- Shortlists applications. This currently takes place twice a year corresponding with two cohorts of secondees in spring and autumn.
- Matches host applications with secondees' individual development needs.
- Facilitates an introductory meeting between the host and secondee.
- Supports hosts and secondees for the duration of their secondment, acting as a trusting sounding board and source of advice.
- Evaluates the quality of the secondment and measures its impact, on individuals and organisations.
- Charges a brokerage fee to hosts once they are matched to a successful placement. (Secondees remain officially employed by their home organisation throughout the duration of their secondment.)