The Charity Next team at WIG
- Seeks and partners with a wide range of UK based not-for-profit organisations, supporting a broad mix of causes with varying sizes and structures, aiming to be a truly representative sample of the breadth and diversity within the sector.
- Supports organisations to put together viable six-month projects with tangible deliverables, offering exposure to specific skills such as commercial, digital, project delivery, finance and communications.
- Shortlists applications and submits a longlist to the Fast Stream & Early Talent team. This takes place twice a year corresponding with two intakes in spring and autumn.
- Works with the Civil Service to pair host applications with secondees' individual development needs.
- Facilitates an introductory meeting between the host and secondee.
- Supports secondees for the duration of their placement alongside the Fast Stream and Early Talent team.
- Charges a brokerage fee to hosts once they are matched to a successful placement. (Secondees remain officially employed by the Civil Service throughout the duration of their secondment.)