Our contact details
Name: The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG)
Address: 80 Petty France, London, SW1H 9EX
Phone Number: 020 7222 1166
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers and contact data – including name, job title, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Special category data – including health data relating to access and dietary requirements where service delivery is in-person.
- WIG engagement data (transactional data) – including event responses; participation in WIG events, leadership programmes, seminars; applications for roles and other talent vacancies, including secondments; website engagement including resource downloads and video views; website browsing behaviour via website cookies.
- Communication history data (transactional data) – for example history of marketing emails sent including tracked responses and meeting notes.
- Areas of interest and skill set – including subject matters of interest and areas for personal professional development.
How we get personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Website registration: giving you access to online member resources (if eligible) and event booking.
- Management of your online MyWIG account: allows you to keep your details up to date and express your areas of interest in relation to WIG’s offer.
- Event registration (via the website, or via email or phone liaison).
- Application to a leadership programme or development seminar (via the website, or via email or phone liaison).
- Application to a role vacancy, placement opportunity or mentoring partnership (via the website, or via email or phone liaison).
- Sign up to our Mentor Match platform (run by a third party provider -PushFar).
- Service evaluation: to gain feedback on your experience of a WIG product or service.
- Sign up to our regular eNewsletter via the website.
- Completion of a Contact Us form via the website, or a direct enquiry to WIG via phone or email.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- If you are part of a member organisation, your employer or colleague may give us your work contact details as the recommended best contact for a particular WIG offer or opportunity.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Process whether you are part of a member organisation and therefore whether you are eligible to access member-only services and resources online.
- Process event bookings and programme applications, including dietary and access requirements so we can host delegates appropriately.
- Process applications to role vacancies and placements.
- Understand requirements for set-up of a mentoring partnership.
- Identify which membership opportunities and events may be of most interest and relevance to you in your role, and therefore provide you details of appropriate opportunities.
- Administer and maintain organisational and membership records.
We may share this information with third parties where the information is necessary to deliver the service as required e.g. event venues, programme facilitators, prospective employers and mentoring partners.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent
We rely on consent to process information given to us for specific purposes including event bookings, programme applications, vacancy applications and mentoring brokering.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
- We have a legitimate interest
We rely on legitimate interest for processing personal data to contact you about relevant opportunities based on your role, interests and past engagement with WIG.
We also rely on legitimate interest as our lawful basis to administer and maintain our organisational and membership records, including tracking membership use.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in our password protected CRM (customer relationship management) database, on our system or on third party platforms where due data protection and security checks have been made.
If you are part of a member organisation, we keep personal contact data, interest preferences and transactional data for the duration of time that your organisation is a member of WIG, and for the following five years if your organisation does not renew membership. We will then dispose of your information by deleting your contact details from our CRM platform, and member engagement data based on your transactions with WIG will be anonymised.
If you leave a member organisation, and no longer wish to hear from us, we will delete your contact details immediately on notification.
If you do not work for a member organisation, we will keep your personal contact data, interest preferences and transactional data until the time that you notify us otherwise, or your account has been inactive for five years (no website login or product bookings). We will then dispose of your information by deleting your contact details from our CRM platform and anonymise historic engagement data.
We keep special category personal data (including health information like accessibility requirements) for the period of time that you are a member of WIG or, if you are not a member, for the duration of the service you are participating in (for example a leadership programme or mentoring arrangement). We will then dispose of this special category data by deleting it from our records.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] or on 020 7222 1166 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk