Support for EDI Professionals and Staff Network Leaders
Author WIG Date 14 Jul 2022
A recording of the WIG Webinar "Support for EDI Professionals and Staff Network Leaders" with Sarah Bakewell, Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Institute of Physics, and Justin Placide, Chair of the Civil Service Race Forum and Co-Chair of the FAME Network, BEIS
With the rise in employee expectations of their organisation, particularly in response to major societal issues and events such as violence against women and girls, the murder of George Floyd, and the war in Ukraine, EDI professionals and staff networks can be seen as the go to for all of the answers.
Join us online for this discussion with an expert cross-sector panel of EDI professionals and staff network leaders, and you will:
- Understand how EDI professionals can often be expected to have all the answers and learn how to manage these expectations
- Explore the role of staff networks within an organisation, learn how network leaders manage their time and can deliver meaningful positive impact on the workplace
- Discover the value of peer networks and how to join one or build your own
Speakers at the Event
Sarah Bakewell has been Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at the Institute of Physics since February 2021. She was previously a Diversity and Inclusion Manager at Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
Justin is Head of Net Zero Governance and Fiscal Events Team from The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. His team leads on strategic governance, fiscal events, briefing, ministerial engagement and business and corporate planning.
He leads his team on delivering the benefits outlined in the Net Zero Strategy, and he is responsible for developing and co-ordinating ambitious new action across Government to deliver on the net zero target and on interim Carbon Budgets.
- The Civil Service Race Forum (CSRF), a collaborative group of RACE Networks across the Civil Service, Non-departmental Public Bodies, Agencies and Arms-Lengths Bodies, working to advance Equality, Diversity & Inclusion within the Civil Service.
- The Faith and Minority Ethnic (FAME) Network, an inclusive network, welcoming all individuals. Representing BEIS staff from different ethnic backgrounds, faiths and beliefs. FAME ensures their members are Race and Faith confident.