Terms of engagement
WIG is a charity with the unique charitable purpose of improving learning, understanding and collaboration between the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Established nearly 40 years ago by the Cabinet Office and the CBI, WIG is supported in its endeavours by the wider Civil Service and Cabinet Office through an MOU.
While creating a trusted platform for dialogue and shared learning, WIG prides itself on providing an impartial, politically neutral, lobbying free forum for constructive cross-sector discussion. Our events and programmes are designed with the sole objective of delivering our charitable purpose.
At all WIG events:
- Participants are reminded that that they are in attendance in the spirit of better collaboration, to share ideas and feedback in a constructive manner.
- Discussion around commercially sensitive or proprietary information is discouraged.
- WIG reserves the right to remove any participants or organisations seeking to sell services, lobby or unduly influence government officials, those deemed to be not engaging in constructive dialogue or causing disruption.
- WIG asks that all invitation-only events are observed by more than one civil servant and that accurate records are kept.
- Where appropriate, sessions are recorded and available to view for all members, on-demand.
To ensure ongoing accountability and transparency:
- WIG retains full discretion over the acceptance of a new member organisation, only those seeking to support the charitable purpose will be invited to join and participate in programmes.
- All members must sign an MOU which includes the requirement to adhere to the Civil Service code and respects potential sensitivities around commercial conflicts of interest. They are reminded to respect this agreement at all WIG events and functions.
- WIG does not accept payment or sponsorship to broker specific meetings or events with officials, private sector or any other organisation.
- A WIG representative will be present at all events, programmes and roundtables to support in the facilitation of a constructive dialogue as part of our charitable purpose.
- WIG has a board of trustees including figures from across the public, private and not-for-profit sector to ensure our on-going impartiality and non-lobbying position.
For further information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-code/the-civil-service-code