Our mentoring programmes support mentors and mentees to develop fresh perspectives and gain insight from another sector. Since its inception, our mentoring programme has supported over 100 successful mentoring partnerships.
At WIG, our unique cross-sector approach supports individuals and organisations to develop, collaborate and grow. We work with our diverse membership of public, private and not-for-profit organisations to create mentoring opportunities tailored to individual development needs.
Our mentoring services
To help you form mentoring partnerships, we offer two different services:
- Our bespoke mentoring service is where our specialist talent team will work with you, on an individual basis, to find you a dedicated senior mentor for up to a year. Fees apply. See below for more information.
- Mentor Match is our self-service online platform that uses a matching algorithm to help you find a mentor, mentee or a reverse mentor. Free to WIG members. Explore here.
Mentoring can help individuals:
- Develop cross-sector knowledge
- Focus on career development
- Overcome barriers at work
- Raise their professional profile
- Develop greater self-awareness
- Advance their teaching skills
- Improve self-confidence
87% of mentors and mentees feel empowered by their mentoring relationships and have developed greater confidence. Source - Moving Ahead
Explore bespoke mentoring
Find a mentor
Mentoring can support your professional development and career progression. Let us match you with a talented senior professional for a one-to-one mentoring relationship.
Become a mentor
Share your knowledge and develop your own leadership skills by mentoring talented future leaders. As a WIG mentor, you can be part of a mutually beneficial learning partnership.