An organisational raid is a curated full day (or two half-days) visit for a group of leaders from one WIG member organisation to another. The programme of activities gives leaders the opportunity to understand first-hand how another organisation tackles a shared leadership challenge.
Organisational raids can take place in person to a host organisation’s headquarters, or online as a series of virtual sessions.
Each raid is completely bespoke to the organisations involved and tailored to support them in addressing their business challenges. Previous organisational raids have explored topics including managing change, diversity and inclusion, innovation, and performance management.
"The visit was really valuable. It was an excellent opportunity to get a fresh and very enthusiastic perspective…. exposure to a completely different sort of organisation, and I learnt a lot about the importance of organisational culture and ways of working."
Benefits of taking part in an organisational raid
- A bespoke solution to meet your organisation’s learning objectives
- Learn from experienced professionals
- Gain fresh perspectives on shared leadership challenges
- Develop insights from other sectors
- Benchmark your organisation’s performance and explore sectoral differences
- Build your peer network in a different sector
- Create space to develop innovative new approaches
Raid an organisation
Could your organisation benefit from a fresh perspective on a leadership challenge? Our organisational raids give you space away from the workplace to develop fresh insights from another sector.
A raid is tailored to your organisation’s objectives and creates a safe and professional environment in which to unlock new ways of thinking and tackle challenges your organisation is facing. Government, arms-length bodies, local authorities, not-for-profit and private organisations all benefit from collaboration to encourage innovative thinking.
Up to 20 senior leaders from your organisation will visit a host organisation from another sector for a programme of interactive discussions and networking. Facilitated by our leadership team, the raid could include discussions and insights from board level and frontline staff, presentations from subject experts and a site tour.Get in touch
Host a raid
Showcase your organisation’s expertise while exploring sectoral differences by hosting an organisational raid.
As a host organisation, you can offer guidance and support to the participating organisation on how to tackle a common leadership challenge. Your organisation will also benefit from fresh perspectives and useful opportunities to reflect on and refine your own processes.
As a host organisation, you’ll welcome up to 20 participants from another organisation to your headquarters (or online for a virtual visit) for a programme of interactive discussions and networking to share your perspective and gain insight from the visiting organisation.
Our leadership team will support and facilitate the raid, preparing the objectives and agenda, and ensuring that the day runs smoothly.Get in touch
"Innovation and our human capital are central to Citi’s continued success, and we were keen to share our experiences with the civil service delegation as part of our deep and long running relationship with HM Government. We hope that the exercise can contribute to improving the work practices and efficiency of both our organisations." Paul Salariya, Citi
Cost for participating organisation
- The range is between £5,000 to £15,000 + VAT for up to 20 participants (subject to the host’s capacity) - talk to us about virtual raids as the fees may be lower
- £2,000 deposit to be paid on acceptance of WIG bespoke proposal
- Balance to be invoiced on completion of raid
- Prices may vary for virtual raids to reflect lower costs
Previous organisational raids include:
- Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to Eversheds
- Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities to Deloitte
- Department for Education to Rolls-Royce
- London Borough of Southwark to Crisis
- Metropolitan Police to John Lewis Partnership
- ONS to Browne Jacobson
- Welsh Government to Fujitsu
- Regulator of Social Housing to SAP
Find out more and get in touch
Each organisational raid is bespoke to the host and participant organisation. A typical raid takes around 2-3 months to organise from initial development through to delivery.
To discuss participating in or hosting a raid, please contact the Leadership Team.Get in touch
You may also be interested in...
WIG runs Leadership Programmes for leaders at every level. Discover what other cross-sector development programmes we offer.
Experience another sector - immerse yourself in a new culture, develop skills and gain broad perspectives to take back to your organisation.