Thank you for using www.wig.co.uk.
By using or accessing www.wig.co.uk (the/this “website”), you agree to be subject and legally bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
Who we are
This website is operated by The Whitehall & Industry Group (“WIG”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Our details are set out at the end of these terms and conditions of use, or please read the “About Us” section of the website.
Copyright and intellectual property
All intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade marks and database rights) in the website and its contents (including WIG's name and logo), are owned by or licensed to WIG.
Unless otherwise stated:
- You may download or print extracts from the website for either your own personal and non-commercial use, or that of your workplace colleagues.
- You may save content to a disk or other storage medium, or make a printed copy of any content provided that:
- You do not distribute or publish any part of the website outside of your workplace without our prior written permission, and
- You acknowledge clearly and prominently in an appropriate way the source of any information you so save, copy or distribute by reference to WIG.
- Any such copies saved to disk, or to any other storage medium, may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal and non-commercial use.
- Without the prior written permission of WIG no part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor may any of its pages or part of it be disseminated, modified, transmitted, distributed, broadcast or published in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
- Except as provided above, you may not copy, use or reproduce any content of the website (including without limitation text, graphics, trade marks, logos, designs, images or photographs) for any purpose without the prior written permission of WIG.
- You may not alter the website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the website.
The contents of this website are only for general information purposes.
Whilst we aim to provide accurate information on the website, WIG does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of, or otherwise adopt or endorse, any information or services provided by the website. Neither can we guarantee that any information or services are still current or applicable. Neither WIG nor any of its trustees, officials, members of staff or any other authorised person shall be liable to you or any third party for loss or injury arising out of the information on this website, or any actions taken or not taken in response to any information on this website, or your or any other person’s use of (or inability to use) this website, or any reliance by you or any other person on the information on the website.
Certain links on the website lead to resources or other websites located on servers maintained by third parties over whom WIG has no control. WIG accepts no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers or other websites.
WIG does not guarantee or warrant that this website will be available, uninterrupted or error-free, or that the website or its contents or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and computer system or mobile device (as applicable) is suitable to use, and compatible with, the website. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer system or mobile device (including, but not limited to, your hardware, software and data) is not damaged by your use of the website.
If a fault occurs, please report the fault by:
- emailing us at [email protected];
- writing to us at 80 Petty France, London SW1H 9EX;
- telephoning us on: 020 7222 1166,or
- faxing us on 020 7222 1167.
WIG is not responsible or liable for:
- unauthorised access to, or alteration of, users' material or data;
- any material or data sent, using the services of this website, by any third party;
- any direct or indirect cost, damage or expense of any nature whatsoever arising out of the use of information or services provided by this website;
- any information placed on the website by any other party, or any use of the website's services by any other party, which is threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal.
The limitations and exclusions above (and elsewhere in these terms and conditions of use) shall apply fully to the extent permitted by law. If WIG is held liable in any way notwithstanding the above limitations and exclusions, to the extent permitted by law WIG’s total liability shall be limited to £100.
Where the website allows users (such as you) to post or upload content to the website, such posting will be subject to the following basic conditions as well as separate ‘house rules’, which will set out conditions about content standards:
- all posted/uploaded content will not be covered by the Chatham House Rule of confidentiality; all such content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and be directly and publicly attributed to the user;
- you will retain all of your ownership rights in the content, but grant us and other users of the website a non-exclusive licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties;
- we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted/uploaded by you or any other user of the website;
- we will have the right to remove any material you or other users post on/upload to our website if, in our opinion, the material does not comply with the relevant content standards;
- the views expressed by users on our website do not represent our views or values.
Whilst we welcome all visitors to the website, we cannot guarantee that the website is appropriate or available for use in any territory. Those who visit the website from outside the UK are responsible for complying with all applicable laws. If use of the website breaches any law in your jurisdiction(s), you may not use the website and you must exit immediately.
Event & Programmes
Through the website users are able to book events or programmes (some of them available only to WIG members).
The fee payable for the events programmes that you order is as set out on the website and the same may be amended by us at any time.
Payments & cancellations
Full payment or a valid purchase order must be received before the start of the event for your order to be accepted (so that you can attend the event). The full fee must either be paid within 30 days of an invoice being issued or, if the booking is made within the 30 days prior to the start of the event, full payment or a valid purchase order must be received before the event starting date.
Once we receive payment, we will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending an email to the email address you have provided in your order form (“Acceptance Confirmation”). Please check the details correspond to your order and contact us straight away if you believe they do not.
For a refund, cancellations must be confirmed in writing (email to [email protected] is acceptable, please include “Right to Cancel” in the subject line) no later than 21 days prior to the event starting date. No refunds apply to cancellations made in the 20 days prior to the event.
A substitute delegate can attend in the place of the registered delegate, if WIG is notified in writing in advance (including using the above email address). There is no fee to substitute a delegate.
Please note that you will be liable to pay the full fee in respect of any order which you have not cancelled following the above procedure where you (or any substitute delegate you have duly appointed) cannot attend the event, for whatever reason.
We reserve the right to cancel any of the events or programmes offered through the website, and any payments made by you will be refunded to you. We will notify you of such cancellation and refund by email as soon as reasonably possible. The refund will take place as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of the later of the date of cancellation of the event and the date on which you provide us with your bank account details for the purpose of making the refund.
Accounts for booking events
To apply to attend an event or programme through the website, you will first need to create an account. Once created, keep a note of your new login details so you can apply for future events.
You must treat your chosen password and any other piece of information you provide as part of our security procedures as confidential. You must not disclose them to any third party.
We have the right to disable any account or password, (whether chosen by you or allocated by us), at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions of use.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
Access to parts of the website is restricted to authorised persons. If you believe you have been granted access to any document or file by mistake, please leave the restricted section immediately and contact us by email at [email protected] as soon as possible.
You agree that WIG may stop your use of the website if WIG believes for any reason that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these terms and conditions of use.
You agree to indemnify WIG for any claim by, or damage, to any third party arising out of your use of the information or services provided by the website. You must tell WIG immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim or issue legal proceedings against you relating to your use of the website and you will, at WIG's request, immediately stop the act or acts complained of. If WIG asks you to, you must confirm the details of the claim(s) in writing.
Variation of these terms and conditions
WIG may modify or replace these terms and conditions of use at any time without prior notice to you, such modifications becoming effective immediately upon either posting of the modified terms and conditions of use on the website or notification of them to you. By continuing to use the website following any such modification you will be deemed to accept such modification. Therefore, please visit this page regularly to review these terms and conditions.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions of use are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Questions and comments
If you have any questions or comments about these terms and conditions of use, please contact [email protected].
These terms and conditions of use were last updated in May 2018.
The Whitehall & Industry Group
Registered office: 80 Petty France, London SW1H 9EX.
Registered Charity Number: 1061584.
A charitable company limited by guarantee.
Registered in England Number: 3340252.